e . l . t . h . e . a
Photobucket
Profile
Tagboard

Tweetatouille
    Networks
    Archives



    Saturday, December 20

    Today's my off day and I spent it at the Jurong BirdPark w pork chop, renee & her mum. Thankfully, the weather was perfect. We set off at ard 1+ till 6.45pm. hahas..
    Supposed to go w some other cousins but as I couldnt confirm w them earlier, it turned out to be only 4 of us. (cos gotta get the corporate card which is known as the Association of Singapore's Attractions -ASA). In order to get this card to go to the various attractions, it depends on the availability on the day itself. Each card is entitled to 3 free admissions, I gt 2 as Wanyu helped me got one. I only managed to noe whether i can get it just 3days ago & I only got it ytd. By the time I received the card, all my cousins nt free already. haiz~

    The last I went to the BirdPark was 10 yrs back, whn i was in pri 5, wif my parents.. sounds pathetic rite? I'm a sporean yet I seldom go to local's attractions. In my vague memory, most of the stations hvnt changed abit, cept tt it was definitely better in terms of the shows & the increased number of refreshments at various stations.
    I saw fr the website thr were 9000birds, 600 species.. hmm...I guessed tt was probably too much for us to see nevertheless I did manage to catch 2 shows - 1 is the normal birds' performance which has the parrots involved, the other is by hawks, both lasted 1/2 hr each. For the parrots, they were so smart, they challenged basketball, sang in diff language, count 1-10 (by the way, the parrot sounded so funny!) & flew here & thr on top of the audiences. Each time the birds flew past, I wuld bend my head down, for fear of their droppings or tt they fly so low probably culd touch u. The host asked for volunteers & I was chosen to hold the hula hoop high up w arms straight to allow both parrots fr 2 ends to fly through, interlocking one another. hahas damn cute!

    We managed to cover almost all the stations w directions fr the map. Saw the penguins, kingfishers, flamingoes, mandarin ducks, owls, ostriches, peacocks, eagles, vultures, swans, pigeons & many many more! On any normal time, we only get to see black birds all ard us, but I discovered today tt thr were actually v colourful birds! Blue, Red, Green, Yellow, White, u name it, they got it! hahas.
    Walked quite a distance today, though tired, Im delighted, got myself a souvenir - a small parrot keychain & brought hm many pictures w memories. The next visit, I guessed, wuld probably be 10yrs later?... :)










    « older posts newer posts »