| e . l . t . h . e . a |
|
Sunday, March 1
⇨My Love Story Everyone has its own love story. My love story revolves around one guy whom I've known for almost 5 yrs now. It all began in the yr 2004, on the 9 of May- the day when I met him. (Good memory ya? hehe) Let's name him R. R & I knew each other through work when I was committing full time at Hush Puppies, that same year I re-sat for my O's while he was waiting for NS enlistment & doing part-time in that company. I had a bf then - B at that time whom I really loved but sad to say, that relationship didn't last. Soon, R came into the picture & he moved me with his gestures & words. That was when our relationship developed. Our relationship started on 13th June'04 when I was only 17 then. Though I had not gotten over the previous one, I can still rmb R convinced me with: "This relationship will be your last & it will be forever." He is a person who believes tt action speaks louder than words & tt is the reason till today, I hardly receive romantic or sweet words from him. I can say that he is someone who lives up to his philosophy, one who doesn't give empty promises. 3months into our relationship he entered the army. It was the toughest time having to deal with the temporary loss of someone so closed to me as all along, we used to meet almost everyday. It was pretty fortunate tt I had my resit for exams at that time so days were spent with books, either home or library. The next year, I got my results, was enrolled into Republic Polytechnic to pursue a diploma in Business Computing. Sometimes, I felt drifted from him as during weekdays I needed to study as for him, in the NS. On weekends, I devoted my time with work & he would always made an effort to meet me for dinner as well as waited for me to knock off, then fetch me home, all the while that was - without fail. 1 & a half yr went by when things btn us deteriorated & it came to a point, we were separated for half a yr. During that time, we were still friends. It was till a day when we got back together again. People usually says tt once a relationship is broken, it is gone, there's no way a broken relationship can be amended. However, our relationship seemed to strengthen with what I thought was distance that made the heart grew fonder. Not long after, he completed his NS and a yr later, I graduated. In that same year, he got his license & that was when it became convenient wherever we go. In the past we've never stayed late whenever we were out as taking public transport does not allow us late nights. He stays in Tampines & me, CCK. We've basically seen each other through many events & every year, we grew and we picked up alot of things. As you can see, this relationship is not built overnight. Like any other couple, we went through alot as well. There were times we shared happy moments, and other times we had discontentment. If I had to make a list of these events, it would probably take forever. It is not easy to maintain a relationship. Both parties have to put in effort. What I want to say over here is that, never take your partner for granted. Don't ever let it happen. He doesn't belong to the category of guys that I liked so it is definitely not love at first sight but as time goes by, I began to like him even more. We accepted each other's shortcomings & we resolved any problem that arises. We put in a little effort each day as it past & thats the reason why we are together till today. I'm sure after writing so long, you would have guessed who this person is. Yes, its him - Ronnie Lim. My special one. :)
|