| e . l . t . h . e . a |
|
Tuesday, March 17
⇨Recent Updates~ Things havent been good recently. Really. My backaches returned, (I had back problems when I was younger & my back muscles were nt tt strong, I used to have frequent backpain - from my neck all the way down to my lower back & sometimes it can prolong for days tt it affects my mood & concentration, at the same time causing much discomfort. I'm sure all my closest frens had a tough time dealing with my backache complaints then! hehe ;P). I went for some "therapy" from the oral medication fr family doctor to TCM's acupuncture and for a period of time, my mum massaged my back everyday. It was over, somehow miraculously I would say but recently, it's back again! haiz! WHHHYYY!!!! I suppose my body system is getting old though I may still be young. I used to be able to walk or shop for the whole day with full energy but now I just need half a day to become completely drained. HOW LEHHHHHH!?!?!? TELL ME HOW???? haizzzzzzzzz. Ok, think its time to exercise more! Back to my exercise regime like the past - i should stick to my swim once every week and jog thrice a week! It's time to buckup!!! ehhhh budden, come to think of it.. I cant swim now cos my off day is on a monday & CCK swimming complex is closed every monday! Jogging? hmmm... maybe I can try every monday first den see how... hehezzzz Ok, recently these were some of the stuff which I did besides working ever since I came back fr HK- catchup w chui & some frens fr wrk, went for foot & back massage, caught some movies like The Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons (kinda "UNREALISTIC" show, super long like 2hrs 45mins but overall nt bad) , Marley & Me (I cried at the part when Marley the dog died! And I left the theatre w red nose & teary eyes! Man! so Diu Lian!!!) ok and also watched the thai Horror, Coming Soon (alright frankly speaking though it was fr the producer of Shutter & 4BIA, this storyline is nothin fantastic as compared to the 2 but it is HORRIBLY, TERRIBLY & FREAKINLY SCARY!!) *faints* Ok, wat else... hmmm... I also went bck to SDC for ED Forum (which I had nothin to voice out to the Executive Director) & InHouseTraining (basically just attended the Grooming & Image course which took up the entire OFF DAY! how sickening can tt be?) Oh ya I went to Charles & Keith warehouse sales after wrk last Wed which was super duper crowded like siao. I was 50% happy and 50% frustrated. Happy cos I managed to buy 4prs of shoes at a total cost of $47 (1 pair which was supposed to be $14.90 & the sotong cashier keyed $9) Now, pekchek cos my spending for tt trip didn't stop at $47. So it happened like this : I read fr the newspapers on tt day tt Charles&Keith was having a WH sales which lasts for few days (wed-sun). I was so "enthu" at tt time, thinking tt wow I culd get cheap deals! Hence I "immediately" msged porkchop to acc me there & I told him there wuld also be Pedro sales along w C&K (this was just to bribe him for accompanying me there). So off we went tt day after wrk. We met at paya lebar mrt cos I planned for a cab there. We were both on empty stomachs so we grabbed a pancake each fr 'Mr Bean' which tasted damn YUCKY! ok, nvm. And noe wat happened? When we board the cab, the old uncle cabbie told us he didn noe the place but I mentioned to him its somewhere in Tai Sing.. smthing smthing.... and I think he acted smart also, telling us he noe already so there he went, driving dammnnn slowly, searching for the Tai Sing address. FYI, I was too "enthu" earlier tt day, I totally leftout the address of the building! To make matter worse, porkchop only took out his hp's GPRS to check for the location when the cabbie finally surrendered at the wrong location! And the taxi meter keeps jumping while he stopped at the roadside, waiting for porkchop to search. Ok, we finally arrived there w the cabfare amounting to $12++ (-.-)" which was supposed to be only a 10mins drive fr paya lebar mrt based on my experience there once. (Btw, the address to Charles&Keith building is Tai Sing Street) Well, I alr mentioned we went thr on the 1st day of the sales & guessed wat? The entire place was packed like hell! There were shoes everywhere, bags here & there, perspiring staff serving as many customers as they can & boxes all over! Well the shades & bags sold lowests: $9, belts at $5 & shoes as low as $9 as well. Surprisingly, 80% of the shoes are new designs which can also be found in their boutique. When we went in, we were given an enormous recycled bag to put all the merchandise. The Ladies were seen pushing and albowing their way through the crowd, sweeping almost every shoes they could find on the makeshift-table, machiam trying to tear down the entire warehouse! I wasn't tt aggressive la, all I did was squeezed in btn those women to get mine. hhas! Well porkchop bought 1 Pedro dress shoe at a reasonable price & when we happily decided to leave, it was alr 8.15pm. We took a cab bck to my haus & very suay, we were caught in the traffic cos a vehicle broke down... I was cursing & swearing in the cab cos I was alr so hungry & tired & I was also feeling giddy.. so by the time we rched my haus, it was already 9+ & the cabfare was $20! haiz What A DAY! Anyway, I'd wanted to go for the BodyShop WH sales & IT fair -both at suntec last weekend but based on my 'experience' from the Charles&Keith sales, I didnt go in the end. This has come to show tt not every Warehouse sales wil prove good bargain plus fantastic experience. Be prepared to be traumatised by all the KIASU SINGAPOREANS! LOLs..
|