| e . l . t . h . e . a |
|
Wednesday, April 1
⇨Take A Break For Friends! :) Well, hv been planning to meetup a few frens these 2 wks. It's quite difficult to juggle btn work & social life, especially w porkchop ard. Just met Irene, my ex OCBC colleague & we discussed life & savings plan over supper last night. She's nw a financial adviser w GE, being selfemployed & culd be earning as much as 10K, same time, planning to get a car soon. WOW! I think its gd also cos traveling ard wuld be more convenient for their job. And look at me now? We're holding the same kind of diploma, being at the same age but wat am i doing nw? Even Irene hv noticed my change. (I mean for the better being so much happier now). A yr ago whn I was stil w the bank, fresh fr sch, ambitious & motivated, thinking I culd carve out my career in the banking sector but backout right at the doorstep! hahas, being a bank officer isn't so easy after all, despite getting to wear really nice & formal clothes, feeling kinda "glam" all the time, meeting w top professionals & clients & getting rest on weekends. Now I go to work everyday in jeans & flops lookin so "sloppy" & totally can't be bothered attitude. Basically doing the same thing everyday at wrk, though as professional as it sounds - "My name is Elthea & I'm one of the TOUR GUIDES here..." Well, afterall trying to "psycho" ppl w my words into drinking "shit water", tt's all. Alright now of cos tt's nt the worse, despite drawing an income of less than 2k, I'm happy. No mental stress, overtime or bring-home-work & I get to work 9-5, having 2days off & enjoying the same benefit as the rest fr other sectors, wat more can I ask for? I wil move on definitely, everyone needs to progress & it is just a matter of time. Well back to the topic of friends!Cant wait to see mel & yen tmr! hahahas my best polymates ever!~~ Work is important but as u're slogging everyday in front of ur com, replying endless emails, doing unstoppable typing on the keyboards & writing countless reports or even counting down to knock off fr the time u sit at ur desk, so isn't it time to take a break? Wat u hv to do is just to drop a sms to any fren whom u think u hv nt been in contact for a long while next, plan for a date to meet & lastly, prepare abt 30bucks & there u go, off to any nice restaurant after wrk for a meal as well as a quick catchup, u can sit there for as long as u like & head home when the shop closes. At the end of the day, u'll be gg hm feeling happy as nt only hv u destressed, u hv also gained a closer frenship. At the very least, this is wat I practises. :)
|