| e . l . t . h . e . a |
|
Tuesday, April 21
⇨ Today as usual, lotsa schools came, then there was the additional tours & again I went out to get lunch for everyone. Didn't feel lyk doing start-up (a standard procedure for operation - to set up the entire gallery) this morning so I 'excused' myself to the toilet immediately whn we arrived at the office, thinking tt the guys would hv the initiatives as well. I returned, having changed but to my surprised, nobody was up thr, instead it seemed tt they were waitin for me to help out, the I/C got my intention as I kinda 'hinted' tt I've been doing most of the start-ups & shut-downs lately, he then went to help - which I think tt shld be the way cos the role of I/C is nt only to get ppl to wrk, he/she hv to be involved as well. Other than the 12.30pm timeslot, I was practically involved in all tours - 2 AGs & 2LGs. I began to notice the change over here, those who worked long no longer helped tt much - I dunno if I was being paranoid (which I seriously hope it was) as somehow or rather I feel tt I'm being taken advantage of. I dun really noe how to reject a person & I'm rather timid (whn it comes to wrk). Just bcos I wanna avoid the unnecessary gossips or doubts abt my wrk capability, I rather take more initiative so it seems lyk perhaps ppl tot I dun mind helping tt's why I feel tt I'm exceeding the amt of wrk Im supposed to do. For the tasks I wuldn't want to elaborate here, sad to say, I feel tt Im beginning to dread wrk - day by day............ :( Well, today at 2.15pm, Herbert did a tour for woodlands primary - 120pax of pri 5 students, there was also a walk-in guest who is a guy from HK. I was the AG for tt tour. The guy claimed himself to be here on a holiday by backpacking & his name is Kenneth. He also mentioned tt he is staying in Melbourne & is working on projects to propose desalination. Throughout the tour, we exchanged few conversation & mostly are on the topics of water. After the tour, he actually wrote a note for me & passed to our shuttle bus driver! The driver then pass to one of my colleagues. Whn I was doing my tour at 4pm, Razik handled me the note which I seriously tot he was playing a prank on me cos the handwriting was exactly like his! The note says: "Elthea, would you like to go for dinner or something? Perhaps, you can show a bit about SG? :)" .... he left his mobile no. as well as his email for me to add him on facebook. Well, first thing tt came to my mind was - another despo guy. -.-" I told porkchop abt it & am preparing to give him the note... heee.. tired liao gg to rest. That's all for today. zzZZ
|